Encyclopedia Britannica joins Wikipedia is deceiving (history revisionists)
Not only has Wikipedia gone sour on Christianity in their online encyclopedia of histories, *Britannica online has now joined them dispersing false or revised historical facts. The unlearned is being greatly deceived today. It appears the “church” is simply sitting back and accepting these false histories to disseminate. Here is another example how the unlearned may not recognize something stated but is fake history. This is what the people in the churches and students in secular colleges accept as fact without even a whimper of challenge.
“The language of the book—part of which is Aramaic (2:4–7:28; [a truth]—probably indicates a date of composition later [a deception/lie] than the Babylonian Exile (6th century BC). Numerous inaccuracies connected with the exilic period (no deportation occurred in 605 BC; Darius was a successor of Cyrus, not a predecessor; etc.) tend to confirm this judgment. Because its religious ideas do not belong to the 6th century BC, numerous scholars date Daniel in the first half of the 2nd century BC and relate the visions to the persecution of the Jews under Antiochus IV Epiphanes (175–164/163 BC).”
Let’s look at this above information as copied and pasted from Britannica’s online encyclopedia concerning the Book of Daniel. My goal is not to refute or add actual secular history supporting what the bible states. It is to caution believers in Christ and the bible to the fact we are already in End Times when false doctrines will fill the pages of written news, broadcasts, and deception prevails (Matthew 24:4-5).
- “…probably indicates a date of composition later than the Babylonian Exile (6th century BC).”
“PROBABLY?” This word alone makes it purely a supposition or guess. Caution: many readers will see it as from the reputable encyclopedia Britannica so this word “probably” is dismissed from mind. They also state that it is written later than the Babylonian Exile of the 6th century BC. Such a statement becomes a false fact for two reasons. First, it means Daniel did not prophecy but simply recorded history after the fact…almost 300 years after the fact. In this case, written by Daniel hundreds of years after he has already died and been buried in Susa, Persia. Second, it means Daniel either did not exist or was not who the bible tells us he was because he is fiction making the bible itself a story book; i.e. a fiction story book one might say.
We must add, how does “The Language of the book – part of which is Aramaic (2:4-7:28)” translates into this “document being written at a later date?” Aramaic was like the English of today; spoken almost universally; a business language common to this world just as Aramaic was common to the then known world of nations.
- “Numerous inaccuracies connected with the exilic period (no deportation occurred in 605 BC” Inaccuracies???? Stone reliefs and archeological evidence exist telling of King Nebuchadnezzar’s rule, conquests, overrunning and destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem, his three exports of Judeans from Judah to Babylon, and evidence of Daniel’s burial tomb in Susa. Susa is Persian: Šuš; [ʃuʃ]; Hebrew: שׁוּשָׁן Šušān; Greek: Σοῦσα [ˈsuːsa]; Syriac: ܫܘܫ Šuš; was an ancient city of the Proto-Elamite, Elamite, First Persian Empire, Seleucid, Parthian, and Sasanian empires of Iran, and one of the most important cities of the Ancient Near East.Here is a quote from archeological records as recorded in:
https://www.haaretz.com/archaeology/.premium-exiles-life-in-babylonia-revealed-1.5367088… A little known collection of more than 100 clay tablets in Cuneiform script, dating back to the Babylon Exile some 2,500 years ago, was unveiled this week [February 2015], allowing a glimpse into the everyday life of one of the most ancient exile communities in the world. 2500 years ago? Do the math. 2019 minus 2500 years puts us back to the Daniel record, not the one recorded as “probable” fact by the encyclopedia Britannica.
- “Darius was a successor to Cyrus, not the predecessor.” This is deception at its best. Tell the truth but not the whole truth. Ancient records of history tell us that there were three named or titled Darius who ruled in Babylon. Example: There was Darius the Mede who was appointed the first king of Babylon but only ruled two years; Darius the Great *4th Persian ruler of the Achaemenid Empire of Medo-Persian Babylon) (Bīsitūn inscription); Darius III (c. 380 – July 330 BC), originally named Artashata and called Codomannus by the Greeks, was the last king of the Achaemenid Empire of Persia. Deception once again in 2019…there were three Kings of Persia named or title Darius. This in no way proves King Cyrus was followed by or came before Darius. There was a short time ruler (for two years as he was 62 when he took charge) named or titled Darius before and after King Cyrus. Two other kings of this area who were called or titled Darius who were successors to Cyrus.
- “Because its religious ideas do not belong to the 6th century BC, numerous scholars date Daniel to the first half of the 2nd century BC. Its religious ideas? What does this mean? Perhaps its intended negative challenge to canonized scripture, evangelicals, bible believers? What numerous scholars? Were or are they scholars in languages; English; geology; lab sciences? One might suggest this information in Britannica is once again deceptive and deliberately misleading of the ignorant of facts and the under-studied, just as prophesied in the very bible this section of Britannica Encyclopedia is trying to undermine as “the word of God.”
- “…and relate the visions to the persecution of the Jews under Antiochus IV Epiphanes (175–164/163 BC).” “Relate the visions…” can only mean Daniels recorded vision are records of fact but only AFTER THE FACT. This totally discredits the bible recordings as inaccurate or altogether false. Why limit this to Antiochus IV since there are hundreds of records of Jewish suppressions, exiles, holocausts such as Nazi Germany or the oft misreported 1492 – 1503 A.D. Spanish inquisitions. This is taught in history books but does not mention it focused upon the execution or dispersing of Jews in Spain by the Catholics. Their third choice was to change their Jewish names to ‘christian’ (Pope acceptable) names. We only know it as the inquisitions. Do history books in public schools also mention 1492 (Columbus) to 1503 AD as a time when Ferdinand and Isabella consolidated their rule tried to rid the Iber Peninsula (Spain) of all Jews?
Is our education and depth of knowledge per the WHOLE TRUTH of histories controlled by secular liberals? We can call them by their real identities: History revisionists!